Clara Fern Moore Pasko passed away peacefully on March 24, 2019 at the age of 94.

She was born at home in Bellingham, Washington on Friday, October 3, 1924, to George Edwin and Rachel Elizabeth Howard Moore.

Clara was preceded in death by her husband Joe Pasko; Tommy Monserret; daughter, Shirley Monserret-Peterson; two sons-in-law, Bernardo Buval and Wade Faircloth; five brothers, Claude Moore, George Moore, Jr., Charles Moore, Cecil Moore, and Vernon Moore; and three sisters, Julia Taylor, Naomi Stoll, and Virginia Duerksen.

Clara is survived by her children – Michael Monserret, Anita & Tommie Titcomb, Chris Brent, Lynet Buval, Martin & Carrie Montserrat, Marlene Fortini, and Joan Faircloth; grandchildren: Kelly & Tena Brown, Shauna Briggs, Stacey & Ted Brems, Guy Peterson, Mitchel Monserret, Monty & Holly Monserret, Mark & Nancy Monserret, Michael & Annie Monserret; Karla & Michael Maisey, Crystal Ortega, Ashley Weger, Che & Jackie Buval, Anick Buval, Brett Montserrat, Triana Montserrat, Roxanna Faircloth, Kristen & Preston Waters, Jeremy Wunder, Amanda Wunder, Garrick & Lisa Titcomb, Melissa & Josh Stringfellow; and many great-grandchildren. She also leaves many other family members and friends who will miss her.

A Funeral Mass will be celebrated 10:30 a.m. Monday April 1, 2019 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 2840 S. 9000 W. Magna, Utah with a viewing from 9:30-10:00, and a Rosary from 10:00-10:30 prior to the mass. Committal following the luncheon at Mount Calvary Catholic Cemetery, 4th Ave. & ‘T” Street, Salt Lake City.

Clara kept a journal of her life of 94 years. The following are excerpts from her own life journal:

I was the sixth child. My brothers & sisters are Claude Raymond, Julia Hattie, Charles Edwin, Naomi Elizabeth, Virginia Grace, Cecil Berdette, George Jr, and Vernon Warren.

          One of the special events in our lives during the ‘30’s was my oldest brother Claude’s marriage to Mary Elizabeth Jones on Christmas Eve 1933. I was 9 years old. I stayed with Claude and Mary on and off until about 1939. I stayed with my brother and sisters and helped take care of their babies when they needed.

          I met Tommy Monserret in the last months of 1940. I was 16 years old. I had gone to Mountain City, Nevada to stay with my sister, Naomi. Tommy didn’t ask me, but told me I was going steady with him. Of course, I thought I was all grown up. How little I knew. How innocent I was.

Pearl Harbor was attacked just 2 months after Tommy & I were married…a very uncertain time in history. …the same month, December ’41, Tommy took me to Blackfoot, Idaho to meet his family. There I met Shirley, Tommy’s daughter who lived with his parents. The first time I ever saw Shirley, she was dancing with her Grandpa Monserrat. I was just 17 years old and Shirley was just 5 years old. It was Christmas and Grandpa & Grandma had gone to Pocatello to the Annual Basque party & dance. I thought Shirley was the prettiest little girl I ever saw with her black hair and blue eyes.

          Michael Thomas (Mickey) was born June 7th 1942 at my sister Naomi’s home in Boise ID. He had black hair and very dark eyes. By the time he was 1 year old he had very blonde hair and blue eyes. One time when Mickey went to a birthday party for a little neighbor, they made him sing a song…he sang Cigarettes and Whiskey and Wild Wild Women. We lived in Rio Tinto, Nevada, a copper mining community, where Tommy worked in the mines. [When Mickey was 1 year old, the family moved to Delno, Nevada after Karl Johnson, Clarence Stewart and a couple of others took a lease on a lead mine.]

In March 1944 we left Delno and moved to Tooele, Utah. I looked forward to moving back to civilization. Anita was born on July 19,1944 Tooele hospital. I was so happy to have a baby girl. She was so beautiful with very dark hair and blue-violet eyes. Tommy’s Aunt Hazel took care of us. Anita was the apple of Uncle Tom and Aunt Hazel’s eye. Anita graduated from high school with honors. She received a Sterling Scholar Award and others.

Christina was born on Tuesday, January 21, 1947 in Tooele Valley Hospital. She was very fair and had golden curls. Amy Johnson was with me during her birth. We had an acre and fourth and several hundred chickens. There was a lot of work to do with the yard, garden, chickens, eggs to sell. Chrissy was a very good baby. She would sit in her highchair and watch me work and the older kids entertained her. Aunt Hazel paid a lot of attention to her also. Chris became a very good teacher. My mother would be so proud. She was also a school teacher. I’m sure Grandma Moore is proud of Chris and watches over her.

In 1948 Tommy went to work for a mine in Bingham. We sold our house in Tooele and bought the house in Magna. When we moved to Magna, it was November 1948 and the worst winter I have ever seen. Amelia “Bubbles” Triplett was my best friend in Magna. Bubbles & Lee were Godparents of Anita, Chris, & Lynet. Jim & Lucille Brusatto were Mickey’s Godparents.

Lynet…youngest daughter was born on Sept 1, 1950 in St Mark’s Hospital in Salt Lake City. She, like Crissy, was the apple of the family’s eye, especially Tommy’s brother Sammy. Lynet was always a precocious and lively, good baby. Now this one had 4 other kids to spoil her, although she didn’t spoil too much. When Lynet was born, Mick had planned on a brother, what with 4 sisters, he was pretty discouraged…but soon he saw Tommy playing with her & I guess he thought if his dad liked her me might as well accept her too.

Martin Dee was born on December 3,1954 in Salt Lake City. Shirley was 18 years old and it was like he had 2 mothers. He had lots of black hair, blue eyes and cute fat face.   Mick was 12-1/2 years old and finally got the brother he wanted. Marty was baptized in Magna at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church…Godparents were his Aunt Antonia and her son, Mickey Ansola, from Blackfoot, Idaho. While Marty was still in diapers, he loved music, and had a little guitar when he was 3 or 4 months old. Marty had dark hair and he would let it fall over his eye and shake his leg like Elvis and play his little guitar, his diaper getting droopier and droopier. Marty was about 12 or 13 when he got his first electric guitar. From then on, his music was his foremost interest.

Joe Pasko and I were married on January 30, 1971. We had been neighbors in Magna and we both attended Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Magna. Joe had two daughters. His wife Marie had been ill most all of the time since Marlene had been born and Joe and Joan raised Marlene. I met Joan and her husband Wade on January 29, 1971…the day before Joe and I were married. I had known Marlene some time because she came to Utah in 1961 and attended school here.

We had a wonderful wedding at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Magna. Joan and husband Wade and girls, Roxana and Kristen, came & of course Marlene who was living in Calif with Joan & Wade. Mickey was our best man and Shirley was my Maid of Honor. Father Thomas J. Kaiser had the mass and then performed the ceremony. Father Kaiser also baptized me and several of my grandkids that day. Crystal, who was just 3 months old, Guy, Shauna, and Stacey. Father Kaiser had quite a job that day! Anita had a nice reception at her and Val’s house in Salt Lake for us.

Joe retired from his job as Plant Branch Rep with the Navy in Aug 1977. We went to Connecticut and 28 other states by auto. After his retirement party the same day we took a trip to Ely and Elko, Nevada. We golfed on the Bing Crosby golf course. It wasn’t all finished and was pretty rough golfing in the sagebrush, etc. We took a side trip to Mountain City and Rio Tinto, Nevada to see the places I had lived in during 1940 -1942. …we met one man in particular, who had heard I’d lived in Mountain City nearly 40 years ago. He had known Tommy, Naomi, Howard, and Uncle Sam. His dad had been a boss. He still lived in Mt. City and was in his ‘80’s, nearly 90, I think. …more old timers gathered around…the conversations went on and on and we were having so much fun, we decided to get a motel room (cabin) and stay overnight. The next day Joe & I drove up the hill from Mountain City to Rio Tinto where Tommy & I lived in 1941-42. It was a ghost town.

Joe & I did a lot of skiing for quite a few years at all of the ski resorts. We used short skis and no poles on the trails. We golfed just about every golf course around, even Provo, Bountiful, Ogden, etc.

We were very active in the church and were chairmen for the Diocesan Development Drive for 8 years and again in 1999. We worked at The Spaghetti Dinners for many years. We also bowled on the Lourdes Bowling team for many years.

Clara’s journal entries are many…up until her memory started to fade. It’s OK Mama, you can sleep now, knowing your impact on our lives has been powerful.